Monday, November 10, 2014

55 Quirky Questions For Readers



Hi everyone!:) 
I stumbled across this really cool questionnaire for readers on Backlist Books. I really enjoyed reading her responses, and I totally recommend everyone go read her post (just click the link :D)!
Here goes!:D


1. Favourite childhood book: Junie B. Jones!!
2. What are you reading right now? 1984 by George Orwell (for book club), Legend by Marie Lu , and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (which I am absolutely in love with!).
3. What books do you have on request at the library? None as of late
:( 
4. Bad book habit: Flipping books over for loooong periods of time (and sorta kinda messing up the spine. Oops). 
Legend Marie Lu Book cover.jpg5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? Legend by Marie Lu
6. Do you have an e-reader? Sort of? I have an app on my tablet and phone for Nook and Kindle.  I think that counts? :D
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? It depends on the books.  I usually don't mind reading several at once, but if it's high fantasy like The Seven Realms series combined with another high fantasy ( like The Ascendance Trilogy), then no; I found myself literally exhausted trying to keep track of everything LOL.
8. Favorite music to listen to while reading? I usually don't like to listen to music while reading. There are exceptions, though, and the most recent exception was with Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. 
9.Least favourite book you read this year: As far as I can remember, it would be The One by Kiera Cass. 
10. Favourite book I’ve read this year:
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo. 
feels animated GIF
(source)
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? About 20%? LOL.  I often read out of my comfort zone, but only within YA (which is still within my comfort zone technically??), so yea. xD
12. What is your reading comfort zone? YA fiction and the occasional classic novel or play. 
13. Can you read on the bus? Yes!! All the time. 
14. Favourite place to read: In front of my computer LOL.  There are times when a book will use an unfamiliar word or reference, so I like being in an easy place to Google it. ;)
15. What’s your policy on book lending? I love lending out books, especially if they are ones I enjoyed! Out in the "real world," not a lot of people around me like to read, so whenever I find someone who wants to, I take that opportunity to make a new fangirl. ;)
16. Do you dogear your books? Not as much as I used to.  Nowadays I either write the last page number on my hand or flip the book over on a table. (Refer above to "Bad book habit") 
17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books? Only for books for school and the Bible. :)
18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books? Sort of? I do crack books unintentionally when I open never-read books- and yes, I do like the sound of it. xD
19. What is your favourite language to read? English!
20. What makes you love a book? Ooo. This is a hard one.  I would say it's when a book makes a connection with me, but what type of connection depends on the book.  
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? If someone wants to read, but don't know where to start.  (I can't be the only one who makes lists of books in her head she'd recommend to that person if they ever asked. ;) )
22. Favourite genre: YA!! I love all genres within YA except horror.
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did): Classical novels
24. Favourite Biography:  I really love those Who was...? biographies.  ;)
25. Have you ever read a self-help book? Joel Osteen's Your Best Life Now.  (I think this is a self-help book?) 
26. Favourite Cookbook: I think this gif just about sums up my cooking skills.
38 GIFs Of Stupid Infomercial People
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction):  It's a God thing: When Miracles Happen to Everyday People 
28. Favourite reading snack: Cheez-its! 
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience:   Well, I guess it would be the Hunger Games? I thought the books were okay, nothing amazing, but it was hard to say so back then, when hordes of middle school fangirls threatened to bury me alive every time I said something against it. LOL 
30. How often do you agree with the critics about a book? It depends on who the critics are. I've never really read "official" reviews on books, but mostly reviews by other bloggers.  Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't.  
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?  This awesome answer given by Backlist Books sums up my own feelings as well:If it’s my honest opinion, I’m okay with it, though I have absolutely no intention of being malicious. Honesty is just very important to meI hope that I’ve never discouraged anyone from reading a book. "  
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?Japanese! My friend has pulled me into the world of manga as of late (only because there is a lull in Kdramaland ;) ), and so I thought it'd be cool to be able to read in Japanese. 

(Ahh this manga is so cute!) 
33. Most intimidating book I’ve read: Hmm... Does my AP physics textbook count? xD
34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin:  Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. 
35. Favourite Poet: ee cummings 
36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time? Well, using my own card I check out 15, which is the max.  And then if my brother or my mom is with me, around 25. xD
37. How often do you return books to the library unread? About 5-7 are unread.
38. Favourite fictional character:  Probably Junie B Jones and Amber Brown (I saw that they found a new author to continue this series!!) :)
39. Favourite fictional villain:  Torn between Luke (Percy Jackson series) and the Darkling (Grisha series).  
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation: Any series where I have most of the books.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading: Probably this year due to AP classes and college apps. ;)
42. Name a book you could/would not finish:  I think it was the Prince of Wolves? It's been a while since I've not finished a book, and I think this one I didn't finish because of the bad grammar. 
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? If I have two books I really want to read, and I have them with me at the same time, I can't concentrate on the book I'm reading, and I keep going back and forth between the two.  So I guess other books distract me? LOL
44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel: To Kill a Mockingbird !!
45. Most disappointing film adaptation: The Book Thief. (Percy Jackson is the movie-that-does-not-exist...) It was ok... I thought it didn't really capture the essence of the book- and I also thought Death should have been voiced by Jude Law. xD
46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time: AHAHAHA.  I'm taking that amount to the grave. ;)
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? 100% of the time!
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through? I always try to finish books even if I hate it because I've found that even if the middle of the book is terrible, sometimes, the ending makes up for it a little (even if I'm grasping at straws, I'm a huge sucker for great endings).    That being said, I think the only time I would ever put down a book is if the book contained explicit scenes (which is one of the reasons I like to stay in YA- the lack of explicit scenes).
49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Nope.  I have stacks of random books on my desk upstairs, at the foot of bed, some actually on my bookshelves, on my work desk, bathroom, and kitchen.  Yes, I drive my mom nuts because every time I put them away, they magically appear again.  xD
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read? Always keep!  
51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding?
reaction animated GIF
(source)
52. Name a book that made you angry: My textbook for English! I think I'll probably devote an entire blog post to that in the future. LOL 
53. Favorite poem: I would have to say maggie and milly and molly and may by ee cummings, but The Isle of Innisfree by William Yeats is also a close second.  
54. A book I expected to like but didn’t:  The Adoration of Jenna Fox
55. Favourite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading:  Any books by Janette Rallison! 

:)

I had so much fun answering these questions, and I totally encourage everyone to try it themselves! ;)  If you get a chance to, comment below! I would love to stop by and check it out. :) Feel free to alter the questions or answer only the ones that you fancy. :) 

Hope you all have a fabulous week!

Best wishes,
Kyendwarrior

No comments: