Friday, June 13, 2014

Sidekick Showcase Wk 7

Gosh I haven't done one of these in a while!
It's good to be back :D

My sidekick of the week:

 Kanin from Immortal Rules series

The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
GORGEOUS COVER! IT'S SO PERFECT! EEEEEK!!! 

So Kanin.  Oh. my. goodness. KANIN (*gross sobbing*)
That's as spoilery as it gets, folks. You could read anything into that; I didn't say the sobbing was a good type or not. ;) (And yes, I do gross sob for joy sometimes!)

  Kanin is like the perfect mentor; he's so full of wisdom and patience, even if he is a vampire.  He teaches Allison everything she needs to know, even the things that seem unteachable, and helps her to find her own path; I think the most important (and longest) lesson he teaches her is that yes, she is a monster, but she gets to choose what kind of monster she is.  (It doesn't sound that great coming out of my mouth, but trust me.  It's deep.) Despite his past, I also have a lot of respect for him. I feel one of the biggest themes throughout this series focused on redemption, and Kanin was the epitome of that.  He lives his entire vampire life struggling to redeem himself- no matter what the cost is.

He's the calm behind Alison's frenzies, the noble mentor- and he (along with the other characters of course) will be missed greatly.  

Thanks for reading!
So who are your sidekicks this week? :) 

2 comments:

JezzebellJC said...

Absolutely fantastic choice! He does do everything he can to right his wrongs and try to move her along the right paths as well. A really good mentor there. I agree with your theme for the series overall as well :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

Kyendwarrior said...

Thanks!:)
And thank you so much for stopping by!:D
Have a great weekend!:)