Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Japanese Husband (still) Thinks I'm Crazy

24818723Author: Grace Buchele Mineta
Release Date:  February 16th, 2015
Publisher: Self-published
Genre(s): Comic book memoir
Pages: 188
*Book two of a series*

**Both "My Japanese Husband Thinks I'm Crazy: The Comic Book" and "My Japanese Husband (still) Thinks I'm Crazy" are FREE to download on Amazon for the next five days! I totally recommend heading on over there and getting your copy of this ADORABLE book!! ;) **

Review: 
*Thank you so much to the author for sending me a copy of this book!*

Ahh so cute! <3 I've been following Texan in Tokyo (here) for a while now, having stumbled across it from another one of my favorite blogs (My Korean Husband), and I've been an obsessive reader ever since.  I LOOOOVED how there were lots of comics in one sitting because I ADORE her comics.  (They are SO cute, but also pretty informative. ) One comic a day isn't enough for me, so I really liked sort of "binge reading" a bunch at once.

The drawing style of the comics was nice and clean, and I loved all the various facial expressions. ^-^ The comics were also really entertaining to read. Some of them have text underneath that give context for the situation, and it was fun learning about Japan through Grace's adorkable perspective. There were also comics about Grace's daily life with her husband in Japan (cutest couple ever ;) ), and her imaginary rabbit, Marvin. But what made this comic book so awesome was Grace's honest and adorkable (this word is SO perfect) voice. She's funny and warm, and her voice is the heart of this comic book. :)

One thing I thought was a little confusing was that some of the comics seem to continue onto the next page, but it wasn't really clear because there were no headings.  Another thing I want to comment on is that I've seen a lot of her comics in this book from her blog.  But for people who haven't heard of this blog (here's the link!! Go check it out!!), this book is perfect. <3

This is actually the sequel (memoir-sequel?) to the first book: My Japanese Husband Thinks I'm Crazy. I'm just about finish reading it, so please look forward to the review for that one. ~ ^-^

Here's the Amazon link to buy a copy of this book. :D

(PS: Don't skip the foreword!  It's pretty adorbs. ;) )

Thanks for reading! ;) 

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: