Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday Wk 5

This weekly meme is hosted by the fantastic Jill over at Breaking the Spine.
:)

What I'm waiting on this week:
 17399160
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

Ooooooh! That cover looks EPIC.

Synopsis: 
A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.

Sara Raasch’s debut fantasy is a lightning-fast tale of loyalty, love, and finding one’s destiny.

This one is an October baby too- the 14th to be exact (BOOO!;().  
That synopsis sounds awesome! (Action, magic, politics, romance- yes please!)
Can't wait for it to come out!
:)
So what are you guys all waiting on this week?

(PS I'm finally able to comment! YAY! :D
I went on a commenting spree yesterday night answering all your wonderful comments!:)
 I can't, however, directly reply, and I still can't comment on other blogs hosted on Blogger- except for mine.  I think it has to do with embedded page mode and  full page mode, which is what I changed to in order to comment on my own blog.  So until everything gets resolved a hundred percent, I will silently be stalking everyone's posts LOL.
Hope everyone has a fantastic week!:) )

4 comments:

Lisa Mandina said...

Love the cover of that! I'm a new GFC follower.
Check out my WOW.

Unknown said...

I just learned of this book today and I am so intrigued by it! I love the cover too. We got a long way to wait til October, but thank goodness there's a lot of good books that need to be read a long the way! Thank for sharing!
Check out my WoW @ BookHangovers Blabs Books

Kyendwarrior said...

@Lisa Mandina
Thanks for following and stopping by! :)

Kyendwarrior said...

@ Michelle Reed
Yes! I agree! I don't know what I'd do if that wasn't the case. :)
Thank you for stopping by!! :)